We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There are several alternatives to cow's milk, among these we find rice milk, an ideal vegetable drink for those who are lactose intolerant and for those who follow a vegan diet. Let's try to understand its properties and how to prepare it.
Rice milk is low in fat, does not contain gluten and is rich in simple sugars. Although it has a low protein and lipid content, it has vitamins (A, B, D), fibers and minerals. It is available in stores that sell organic products but can be self-produced at home. In this regard, below you will find the recipe of homemade rice milk.
Homemade rice milk, what we need to produce 1 liter
100 gr of organic rice of any size
1 liter of water
Brown sugar to taste
Homemade rice milk, the preparation
- Take the rice and soak it in water overnight
- The next morning, cook the rice for at least 2 hours over low heat
- After the time has elapsed, take an immersion blender and mash the rice, leaving it to cook for another hour
- Once this is done, take a cloth and a fine mesh strainer and strain the liquid into a saucepan
- Transfer the liquid to a glass bottle with a lid and consume in 3 days
Homemade rice milk, variants
For a stronger flavor you can flavor the rice milk with your favorite spices such as: cinnamon, anise, vanilla or cocoa powder. You can also add almonds or other dried fruit to the cooking water before blending if you prefer a more intense flavor.
Since it is fat-free, rice milk is also very suitable in the diet of those who are overweight. The presence of simple sugars gives it a very high digestibility so as to make it a preferred solution for celiacs and for those who, due to known intolerances, cannot resort to soy milk or almond milk.
You might also be interested in
- Rice cheese
- Rice vinegar for sushi